Tuesday, February 5, 2008

RUNNYC - RUN CLUB

Since Tuesday nights are typically my RUNNYC - RUN CLUB night, I thought I'd send a reminder that for all of February Run Club is giving away a free gift too all new runners (and not just those in NYC).

I've made so many fabulous friends through RUNNYC and the fantastic part about it is that we are all at different levels of running. Some might (and do) call my group of friends "the clique" but it just because we've banched off into so many other areas of interest (ex: wet-n-wild wednesdays, game nights, happy hours in the city, dinner and dance parties, etc...).

I'm not even someone who typically likes "group running", but the benefits of the support of fellow runners and experienced coaches are immeasurable. I got hooked early on after moving to the city since RUNNYC hosts phenomenial runs/parties around the city. It was an excellent way for me to run parts of the city that I would have never even thought to visit.

Overall the group attracts such a wide range of runners but there is always someone at/around your level to run with... and you just can't beat the bag check and post run-free food!

Check out locations in your area or hit up a group run even if/when you're in town for a visit.
It's always free!

So, what are you waiting for? Come Run With Us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the NIKE group? I ran with them couple of times and made a great friend there.

Once I get back to NYC I will start a trail running group - can't wait!

DFerg said...

Yes, it's the NIKE group that runs our of NikeTown 3x a week. You should definitely come run when you get back into town.

Central park was gorgeous tonight and it stayed surprisingly warm.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Hey RC :-)

I checked out the pool posts, thanks Good stuff...

My workouts have been intense but no specific routine on fast for 1 min then slow etc.. it's all been by feel but I am loving it :-)