Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Central Park in the Snow

My run tonight was excellent!! I didn't care much for the route the group did tonight (on map to the left: three counter clockwise lower loops -the light blue loop crossing at 72nd St ) but the scenery was enough to keep me going happily in circles. The snow was a bit hard on my hamstring injury since it didn't provide for much traction and on the east side the snow was blowing furiously (and somewhat painfully) into my face, but it was all worth it. From every angle, the view looked like it belonged in a picture frame. There was hardly any one out and the city hadn't started to even plow the roads, so it was quiet and peaceful.

It's extremely difficult to map out loops on www,mapmyrun.com, so I'm just posting a map of CP and you'll have to take my word for it that it ended up being close to 6mi with the run back/forth to Niketown (home base).

** Click on the map for a clearer view. The lower loop is about 1.7 and the run to/from Niketown is about a .5 mile.

5 comments:

Simon said...

I know the route was boring, but the hills were slippery, and we were afraid to venture north of the lower loop for fear that folks would lose it. (And we still had one runner hit the deck.) Honest - I had something much more exciting in mind before the snow.

PLe1 said...

No mention of the tremendous company even after you jack my Ansel Adams allusion. Tisk tisk.

BTW...good work on this.

DFerg said...

haha! Did I mention Ansel Adams? .. and just because you said it doesn't mean that I wasn't thinking it long before. funny!

THANK YOU Paul for the company!! Seriously, your love for running loops, Florida and Ansel Adams (and not the beautfiul snow) is the real reason I made it throught the run! ;) See you next week!

DFerg said...

Coach Cane, Thanks again for the early present! :) I was at work late after the run but I'll try the gear on today. I really appreciate it!

And no worries about the loop. As you can see (in my comments), Paul made it much more interesting with his thorough knowledge of Ansel Adams and love for all things snowy. ;)

See you this weekend!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Good job on ur loop!!