Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mama's Got a New Pair of Trainers!

Fresh off the plane from Portland, OR and just out of the cradle, the pictures below are of my lovely new Nike Structure Triax 11 - trainers, waiting patiently last night (behind the yellow line, of course) for the "F" train back to Brooklyn, their new home.

These shoes are so FIERCE, yet so structurally cautious! :)

I can't wait to take them out for a spin on the West Side Highway after work tonight. I'm happy with my decision not to break 'em out last night since they would have been in the same sorry condition that my ASICS are in today (... still drying out in my apt hallway). I'm out for 5-6 miles tonight. Stay tuned!

They're just do darn beautiful, I could cry. :)

2 comments:

XOXO said...

I am very interested to hear what you think about the shoes. As a former Structure Triax 9 "wearer," who now runs in ASICS, I am definitely looking forward to your review.

I actually really liked the shoes when I wore them...trained for the marathon and ran the marathon in them. Maybe I just want to cast aside anything that has to do with marathons.....

DFerg said...

Well, what I thought was going to be "Nightmare on Nike Street", turned out to be just okay.

They are beautiful, but I'm not in anyway wow-ed by these shoes yet.

Also, Phil gave me a 8.5 and I usually run in a size 9 in my ASICS 1120's. I trust his judgement on this one, but the they do feel a bit more snug.

Either way, I'm not giving up on them just yet.