Sunday, February 17, 2008

Threshold Training...Easy Peasy

Here's an interesting article on Threshold Training, proving yet again that often, LESS IS MORE!

Sunday is such a great day to map out or tweak a training plan for the week to come. To write down (and commit to) not only what I'll be doing but to also when/how I'm going to fit it in each day. So, I thought the article above was fitting since it's not only Sunday, but this coming week I plan to kick things up a notch and start seriously training for my upcoming events. I've laid down a solid mileage base over the last month or so and now I'm ready to start mapping out my training and incorporating at least 2 threshold efforts a week (ex: tempo runs or intervals) and a longer effort on the weekend.

I'll post what I've come up with after I'm finished mapping it out. :)

3 comments:

scarinzic said...

just did a tempo run myself this morning! such a great day for a run - can't believe it's so warm today... especially since we're supposed to get snow three days this coming week! yuck! bring on the spring!!!

Gotta Run..... said...

I love the planning stages!!!! I am in that mode right now following my race from Saturday.

It will be a busy year so my planning will be key.

Isn't this all great stuff?!! The good and the bad.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

DFerg said...

Yeah, I love to plan.. I have two planners and a running log. What a dork! :)

Today was such a tease in NYC. Can't wait for the warm weather. It's been too long!