Thursday, February 7, 2008

I Heart "I LOVE NY" runs!

So, I wasn't going to bring this up, but I just can't help myself. I had a SERIOUS pity party yesterday. It was really unnecessary, so I'm not going to dwell on it for long. It's just been particularly busy at work this week and by the end of the day all I wanted to do was go home and pour myself a generous glass of wine and play online while watching mindless TV! And.. I didn't want to write about it yesterday, because I pretty much was still in denial. And I couldn't have my wine because I gave it up (which made me even more pissy). I hadn't planned to take off from training yesterday, but I couldn't help it. I let the man get me down! Damn the man!


So, tonight I'm meeting up with a dear friend for the revitalization of our "I LOVE NY" runs. It's just what I need to help myself climb out of this self loathing pit I've fallen into.
These runs started just this past fall during my training for the NYC marathon. My friend, who has boundless energy and enthusiasm (i love it!), wasn't even training for the marathon but decided to jump in every Thursday for my longer-mid week effort. Basically, the I love NY runs would be 8-10 miles with some sort of effort either in the middle or at the end. We would throw in a run ladder or some 1,2 or 3min intervals in the last few miles of the run. They were some tough a*s workouts, but we had great conversation at one heck of a beautiful landscape to keep us rollin'.

Tonight's run: From Greenwich village down to city hall, over the brooklyn bridge through Brooklyn Heights and then through downtown Brooklyn, back to Manahattan over the Manhattan Bridge, through Chinatown and back to base. Total: 6.5 miles. Can't wait! :)

2 comments:

scarinzic said...

sorry to hear you had a bad day. That run sounds like fun -I'm sure it'll lift your spirits!!

DFerg said...

The run was awesome! The sky was so clear so the view of the city on the Brooklyn Heights promenade was spectacular. And the Manahattan Bridge with the rumbling of the trains and view from the bridge definitely got me out of my funk! :)

God, I love this city!