Tuesday, February 26, 2008

And I'll run in the rain 'til I'm breathless...

...when I'm breathless I run 'til I drop. Hey!

Things got a little wet and wild on the Central Park loop tonight. I love running in the rain!! As my highschool track coach would say on miserable rainy days, "It never rains on a runner". I say this line frequently and people always tend to look at me like I'm crazy.

So, I ran the five mile lower loop clockwise
with RUNNYC run club tonight (on map - light and dark blue combined loop). I came through in 37mins, which wasn't too bad considering I wasn't feeling 100%. The run started out great until Worku's group dropped my slow draggin' self. Just wasn't my night and they were pretty much cookin'! After the 5-er, me and my fellow (drenched) running chica, dropped the boys (lame) and added on an extra 1.7 lower loop for good measure (on map - light blue lower loop). We also threw in a few striders after the run on our way back to Niketown, because we're just that bad-ass! :)

The total run was a bit over 7miles (with the back/forth from Niketown), but we'll log it as 7mi!

(Once again, you can click the pic (on left) to see a larger map of the CP loops.)

And after I got back to Niketown and changed out of my sopping wet clothes, I got to spend the next 45mins on the train back to Brooklyn gazing lovingly at my BEAUTIFUL Blue Nike Structure Triax 11 trainers. If they feel half as good as they look, I'll be kickin ass and taking names all spring. Booyah! :) Phil, you're the best Ekin in the world! Thank you!! :)

I'm breaking these babies out tomorrow and I'll post the pictures then too. So, for now,
happy running to all and to all a good night!!

4 comments:

scarinzic said...

awesome run! i'm always up for a run in the rain!

XOXO said...

Guess who suffered from serious foot chafing?!?

My sock fell down and the dirt/rain caused some serious chafing action. I now have "ring around the ankle" or "the ring of fire".

Great run though!

PLe1 said...

You're going to like the STRX11. Good shoe. I never hear anything negative about them. You should go to the BR tonight at 7 at Chrystie Street Track so you can EARN your elevated runs.

DFerg said...

Sorry about your ROF!! ouch! But thanks for the company. It almost made up for our lack of IheartNYC runs over the last few weeks! We need to get better about that!

As for the STRX11.. I'll be breaking them out tonight, but I'm meeting friends out for dinner at 7pm, so I'll be rockin out in my new trainers much earlier.

I'll def try to come next Wednesday! Love the Bridge Runners!