Saturday, February 16, 2008

WANDERLUST!!!



As fellow Blogger, Bob commented a few weeks back on my February 4th post, "ahhh so much info online, so little time".... Well, Bob I honestly couldn't agree with you more. But if anything, pointing each other in the direction of a few valuable resources does save some time (at least I think... or hope!).

I was stumbling around the web yesterday when I happened upon this site, http://www.runtheplanet.com/It's pretty flippin' cool! Especially for someone like me who loves to travel and also stay fairly active on my trips.

A few things that really caught my interest on this site was the World Wide Running Club - finder (awesome!) and the World Wide Race Calendar (because you KNOW i love race calendars.. ha!). The site is definetly a temporary fix for my sometimes overwhelming wanderlust. As destination racing is becoming "all the rage", I'm sure we'll be seeing an increase in sites such as this one which will include international races and running groups.

Anyone want to do a training run with the Berowra Bushrunners in Sydney, Austrailia or run the a marathon at night in Cavaliino, Italy (the heal of the boot!)?

Oh well, at least this RuNNeR ChIcK can dream!

0 comments: