Thursday, February 21, 2008

Spirit of the Marathon- Special Encore 2.21.08

Released originally as a "one night engagement" back in January, Spirit of the Marathon scheduled to show tonight as a "special encore"! ....And it just so happens that I am the LUCKY is winner of two free tickets courtesy of the RUNNYC facebook group and "Marathon movie ticket trivia" :-) Let me tell ya, the trivia was EXTREMELY challenging! I actually had to cut and paste the answer into a the group discussion from the same site. lol!

Either way, WINNER, WINNER, Chicken Dinner!!! :)

So a little bit about this flick: Spirit of the Marathon took four years to make and was created by a collaborative effort which included two producers who are also marathoners themselves, Jon Dunham and Gwendolen Twist. The movie tracks six "unique" runners as they prepare for the Chicago Marathon. And as the advertisement claims, "More than a sports movie, Spirit of the Marathon is an inspirational journey of perseverance and personal triumph; a spectacle that will be embraced by runners and non-runners alike." How's that for a little motivation?!?! :)

I'm excited to view this film tonight and you will certainly get a review tomorrow. But I must admit that winning these tickets is bitter sweet considering I won't get to watch LOST tonight. ugh!! I'm also somewhat bummed about having to squeeze my tempo run into a much smaller time frame, but no worries, I'll get it done!

Tonight's Tempo Run: Tempo for time (given the chilly weather and the time crunch, this tempo will be done on the treadmill. word!)
UPDATED (how it really went down):
9min -warm up (8min pace)
6min - (7.30)
3min - (7.20)+ .5 incline
2min - (7.10) + 1 incline
2min - (sub 7) no incline
2min - (7.10)+ 1 incline
3min - (7.20) +.5 incline
6min - (7.30)
Cool down: 7min(7:40)
Total: 40mins

3 comments:

Gotta Run..... said...

I watched this movie a few weeks again. IT ROCKS and will leave you wanting to run when you get home.

At the end everyone stood up and clapped. Loved it! Enjoy!

My Life said...

I am so envious that a) your town is showing Spirit of the Marathon & b) you won tickets to it & c) you can say things like *winner, winner, chicken dinner!* ;)

Hope you had a good night!

DFerg said...

... I know! Life is SO good sometimes! :)

The movie was very inspirational. I was thinking of sitting this marathon season out, but now I'm considering Chicago.

Gotta Run is right, I wanted to go run (if not for that tempo run before the movie! ha!)

It's hard to watch this movie and not want to just get back out there and experience another marathon. It's such an amazing feeling.