Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Some Runner Support

Ironically, after I blogged about stress yesterday and was on a mad dash out the door (to head up to Niketown for runclub), I was confronted by a total stress case. A burnt out, teary eyed, "end of my rope", ugly ball of thick, sludgy, uncontrolable stress!

So, having just had my daily boost of blogger self esteem (a.k.a. vent session), I felt it was my duty to help shed some light on this poor child's perpetual rain cloud. She was the perfect example of a runner who could no longer bare the burden of the training stress compiled with the stress dumped on her by other "stress-heads" of the world. I do think she left our chat feeling better about her currrent predicament. But she took off leaving me still dressed to run, too late for runclub and feeling like my life energy tank was on empty. I called friends for some runner support, but everyone was busy or already out on the road. Finally, a few colleagues showed up and I convinced them to hit the west side highway with me for a nice out and back 6miler. Problemo Solved! Phew!

So the moral of the story is, we're all in this together and if anyone knows this, it's the running blog network that continues to share and support on another through thick and thin and even slow internet connections :)

It's been a LONG day... and this is quite a weak wednesday post, but that's all you'll get from me for now. Peace out!

0 comments: