Sunday, February 3, 2008

ASICS 100 miles in a month Challenge

I decided to sign up for the ASICS 100 miles a month challenge, which in truth really doesn't intimidate me since I'm pretty much a "killer woman!". Just kidding! But I signed up with a friend of mine as a way to start getting back on track towards some serious training. I started my ASICS challenge on Thursday January 17th and I have 13 days left. I also wanted to start getting used to loggin' in to MapMyRun since it really is a quality tool for tracking your training. There are definitely functions that I could do without, but it's fairly easy to skip over those parts and only log what you think is important. This is a great way for me to log some mileage and help get things started.

I typically use MapMyRun when I am training for something since that's when I get increasingly more anal about my actual mileage (as opposed to my general guestimations and/or use of "regular" or "familiar" training routes). So some of my routes are pretty old, since I currently do not use this on a regular basis, but feel free to peruse my "public" routes. I have to clean up my route list and then I'll probably make more viewable or "public".

Btw, I'm e-mailing Phil today with my shoe size to see if/when he can get me those trial NIKEs I was talking about a few days ago. Stay tuned.

Yesterday, I didn't get in a run, but I did get in 4 solid hours of quality skiing. It was probably the only day this season that I'll get to "shred it up". The conditions were good considering the lack of winter weather this season.

Today's training: 7miles - steady and then Superbowl or I mean "BIG GAME" madness! Sorry Giants fans, but "GO PATS!!". Interestingly enough, I'm watching the "BIG game" in Philly and I'm a steelers fan (thanks to my boyfriend). Honestly, I want to see the Pats stomp NY but I might just be more excited for Tom Petty's half-time show!

2 comments:

Erik said...

A Steelers' Fan?!? :)

DFerg said...

Yes, sir. Here we go!