Friday, February 1, 2008

Rain, rain, go away!

Miserable weather and miserable me!

I tried to pump the Airborne over my last few trips, but the evil head cold monster has final caught up to me. I'm on the road again this weekend, however this time for pleasure and not for work. Today's anticipated ski trip was obviously rained out and I find myself sitting here in my robe on my requested "personal day" wondering when will be the best time to get out for a run. With this nasty weather, it's obviously going to be a cold&wet one.

I'm seriously fighting this cold tooth and nail, but the reality of the situation is that it might be stickin' around for at least a week. Which brings to mind this corny joke that my boss tells me whenever I get sick. He says, "well, as my good friend always says... 'treat a cold and it will last two weeks, don't treat a cold and it will go away in 14 days'". Every time he tells me that I'm forced to chuckle as if I'm hearing it for the first time, but in my head I'm thinking.. there's no we in hell is this cold hanging on for 14 days. I WILL WIN THE BATTLE!

Yesterday I signed up again for yoga classes which are starting back up this week. I'm totally pumped about getting back into it at least twice a week. The class I was taking all fall was more of a general yoga class. It helped with my upper body strength and also with the flexibility in my hips. This winter/spring I'm looking to switch it up by rotating in Iyengar yoga so I can focus a bit more on my posture and "structural alignment".

Ahhhhhh yes, thoughts of doing yoga on a bright sunny day are making me feel so much better!

Favorite pose: Tree pose! :)













Today's training:
5miles-tempo: 1mile steady, 1mile faster, 1mile strong and then bring it back down. Followed by a longer core strengthening routine and a few yoga poses for fun!!!

0 comments: