Thursday, February 28, 2008

Treading in My New Nike Triax - Day 1

As promised, here's an update on my new trainers. I was a bit skeptical at first considering my new pair of Triax are a size 8.5 and I typically run in 9's, but I trust my favorite EKIN and decided to not focus too much on the very snug fit of the shoe.

For several reasons, I couldn't head outside to the WSH rec path last night as originally planned and I had to try my new trainers out on the treadmill. But as it turns out, I was better off staying inside since after .5miles I had to stop and take my shoes off because my feet cramped up BIG time. I had completely forgotten how sensitive the outsides of my feet could be to new shoes. It was pretty painful! However after removing my shoes, I realized that I had put my heel inserts in the wrong shoes. Whoopsie! What a dope! My heel inserts were given to me by a podiatrist at a local (fabulous!!) foot comfort shoe store called Eneslow and they are actually to take pressure off my sesamoid bones (we can talk more about how lovely sesamoiditis is later!).

So, I fixed the mix up and quickly strapped my new trainers back on and hopped back on to it. For the most part, things were fine after the switch and I finished out a solid 5 miles!

My left hamstring and calf have been really tight lately and my left knee was a bit sore last night also, but I'm not blaming the shoes. I'm going to head outside tonight and give them another try.

Baby, it's a cold one out there today!

0 comments: