Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wet-N-Wild Wednesdays!

Wet-N-Wild Wednesdays are a little fun thing my girlfriends and I started in order to incorporate a bit of alternative cross training into our weekly routines.

Btw, I refuse to refer to this type of exercise as "Aqua jogging" since the term puts unfortunate visions in my head of old ladies buoying around lifting pool noodles over their heads. I think this type of cross training is best described as Pool Running! It's just a way more serious sounding label, don't you think!?!

Seriously, after a pool run with me, you won't be thinking noodles no more!


I like how Coach Dean describes Pool Running on his blog, The Running World According to Dean . I know, I know, Coach Dean has the post labeled as "Aqua Jogging" or "Aqua Running", but we'll cut him some slack, since he does gives this form of exercise its due respect in his description. I like the pro/con list and also his mentioning of monitoring heart rate as a way to "gauge" your effort (although he could go into a bit more detail, but do not fret, I can give you more info on this a bit later). Also, his information on interval training is spot on. I have some great interval workouts that I'd like to share in the weeks to come.

Tonight's interval workout: 5mins-Warmup, 8x3min repeats w/1:30min rest, 5min-Cool down
(total: 45mins)


Photo credit - "Everybody into the Pool" is a cover by a book written by Beth Lisick. I've personally do not know much (or anything) about this book, but I love the illustration on the cover.

0 comments: