Tuesday, January 15, 2008

SuperWomen



The Women's Sports Foundation recently announced their SuperWomen Exhibit Tour!

This is exciting!!! (Again, I would like to mention that I'm not as knowledgable about professional athletes as the "average (runner) bear", but...) I'm a big fan of this book, SuperWomen and of the Women's Sports Foundation


The exhibit "pays tribute to the joy, athleticism, strength, diversity and artistry of women in sports. The beauty and power of female athletes is captured through a mosaic of portraits and personal triumphs in the book SuperWomen: 100 Women–100 Sports by Jodi Buren, released by the WSF and BULFINCH."

The article also states that "the exhibit opened at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, Ill., and has toured Los Angeles, Calif., Phoenix, Ariz., Indianapolis, Ind., and Charlotte, N.C. It is currently on display in Dallas, Texas, at The Science Place.The Women’s Sports Foundation is currently searching for additional venues to display the SuperWomen exhibit in 2007. To find our more about the SuperWomen exhibit, contact Bill Bishop at (516) 542-4700 or by e-mail at athlete@WomensSportsFoundation.org."

I may not be able to recall stats very well and I probably couldn't tell you the names of more than one gold medalist in the last Olymipics (if you were to say the names first, I'd likely fair much better!!), however I have such an affinity for this publication. The combination of magnificent photography and the power behind each portrait evokes such inspiration, admiration... and just overall pride in being a fierce, powerful, fit woman!


I dare you to look at this book and not feel the same way! Actually, I double dog dare you! :)

0 comments: