Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Time to get a little WILD

Yes, it's Wet-N-Wild Wednesday again!

My training, core strenghening and cross training seems to all getting back on track quite nicely. Granted, it's only been a week, but hell, it's a start!

So, it's wednesday again and time to hit the pool. I have a crazy schedule today at work, but the nice thing about pool workouts is that you can get straight to the point and get a good quality effort in and in less time then if I was hitting the streets! I'm actually going to try to squeeze my pool workout in at lunch. We'll see how it goes.

Also, I contemplating purchasing some new gear in order to take things to the next level! ;) Aquajogger is the leading brand for water excercise equiptment. I like this purple belt by aquajogger (and I also like the cheaper price found on SwimOutlet.com)! I'm thinking about buying my own belt since the community belts at the pool stink and usually end up under my armpits because the straps are so worn out. I also like these gloves (although highly dorky) by Aquajogger. The gloves help create resistance which in turns get your heart rate up faster and give you a better workout!


Today's workout: A quick ladder: 5mins warm up, followed by two times the following ladder: 1,2,3,2,1 min (taking half the time of the effort for my recovery, ex: 1 min effort, 30secs recovery). Followed by a 5 min cool down and pool stretch. (total time: 37mins)

2 comments:

scarinzic said...

Sounds like a good workout - I'm hopping into the pool in about an hour. How did the swim during lunch work out? I've been thinking of doing that...

You might want to check out swimplan.com for personalized workouts. it's a great site - I've been using their workouts for a few weeks now and they've been top notch.

DFerg said...

It worked out well, but I have a sweet deal since I'm lucky enough to work very close to a pool. I was able to fit the workout in, but I had to deal with smelling a bit like Chlorine the rest of the day!


I'll definitely check out that site. thanks for the reference!!