Saturday, January 19, 2008

"I Love that dirty water....

Oh, oh Boston you're my home!"

Ok, so Boston really isn't my home (anymore), but this weekend I came up here to visit my best friend. I try to visit her at least 3-4 times each year, however I'd be lying if I said that a BIG part of me doesn't get overwhelmingly excited just for the opportunity to run on the Charles River. Don't get me wrong, I love my best friend, but I also have quite an affinity for the streets of Boston and the Charles River loop.

I lived in Boston from 2002-2004 for grad school and during that time I did quite a bit of running as I was training for my first and second marathons. This city is wonderfully run-able and any runner who visits and doesn't take advantage of exploring it by strappin' on their shoes and heading out for some decent mileage is just foolish!!


Today's Workout: 45mins (out and back along the Charles River-Cambridge side to Boston, over the Mass. Ave Bridge, 4x 20sec striders, core work (from below...yes!))

0 comments: