Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Holy Hamstring Pain

Today's Training: So, I went out for 6 and planed to warm up for the first 15mins and then do 5 x 3min intervals at 10k pace with 1.30 recovery. Before I even set foot out the door this morning, I could feel my hamstring was even tighter than it's normal every day tightness, but still I pushed on with the plan. After my warm up, I started into the first interval, but I felt like I was going any faster than my normal pace. I pushed alittle harder, but my left leg felt like dead weight ...and pretty much like I was draggin it up the west side highway. I finished up the first pick up and recovery and then the second interval felt a bit better but not much. By the third, my hamstring was screaming in rage! I figured this wasn't doing me any good, so I cut the workout short, stopped to stretch and then just kept an average pace the entire way back. I ended up putting in 7miles total, but I decided to push the intervals back a few days.

I foam rolled, stretched and iced immediately after my run but I'm still in pain. I think tomorrow is going to HAVE to be a Wet-N-Wild Wednesday. I need to give Mr. Hamstring a rest. Ugh... so frustrating.

4 comments:

XOXO said...

Take care of that hamstring. Listen to your body...sometimes it tells us things (that we like to ignore.....).

scarinzic said...

I concur with xoxo... take care of that hamstring! A day or two of rest or cross-training is only going to help.

DFerg said...

okay, okay... :) I'll rest!! I'm actually thinking that it was the sun salutations in Yoga Monday that really did me in! ouch!

Hey Scarinzic, I know you have some great pictures from your runs... can you send me a few for whereirun.blogspot.com ?? :) I'm really trying hard to get this idea moving. thanks!

scarinzic said...

Sure thing! I'll fire off some to you in the next couple days.