Friday, March 7, 2008

"Favorite Thing" Fridays - Soy Chai Lattes

Over the last four weeks I have been abstaining from Chocolate (the entire time), and Coffee and Alcohol during the work week. Not that I'm a caffeine junkie and/or booze hound, but it does upset the normal routine of my daily cup of coffee and occasionally weekday happy hour or drinks with the gals. Slowly as people find out about my "sacrifice" of late, the typical response has been, "Why would you do that to yourself?".

Well, I'm still pondering that question... that is in between fighting my sometimes intense urge to hijack someone else's coffee in the subway each morning (ewww! That would be kind of gross!). The Chocolate, I'm okay with, but the NO coffee and NO red wine has been tough, I'm not gonna lie! By Thursday, I find myself crossing to the other side of the street if I know I'll be passing by a liquor store. I just miss my evening glass of vino! And so Lent rolls on....

And given my recent state, I have renewed my love for hot tea (Come on! It's cold in NY and I need something hot & uplifting in the morning). And the Starbucks Soy Chai Latte has become my "special" end of the week treat (at least until Easter). I don't necessarily like Starbucks or more so the paying $4.50 for a latte, but hey, it's New York where all things are generally pricey. Plus there's a Starbucks on every corner enticing me, so I occasionally cough up the change for a hot, sweet, caffeine boosting - soy chai Starbucks delight. YUM!

The other cool thing about my "Friday-Chai" is that the Starbucks cups now feature (and may have for some time) this campaign called, "The Way I See It".

Today my cup reads, "When I wake up in the morning, I want to know that my family, friends, and fans know what I believe in and what I'm all about. That's what should be important." - Robert Randolph

I like this thought, so I'm adding Chai Lattes and Starbuck's "The Way I See It" quotes to my list of favorite things.

And you may be asking yourself, what exactly does this have to do with running? Well my blog friends ,the answer is simply NOTHING. I suppose I would just like you to believe in "what I'm all about".

And with that, have a spectacular weekend!

Today's Training: Cross Training: 60min YOGA (YIN) & 60min "Ultimate Street Fighter" (YANG) :)

2 comments:

Erik said...

wawa's lattes are better than starbucks.

XOXO said...

Grande skim chai.

It is what keeps me going.