Sunday, March 2, 2008

Evaluate, Restructure, Regroup & Move Forward

Things are looking a bit different around here at http://mindofarunner.blogspot.com/ . Let me know what you think about the change. Be honest! :)

Sad to put this graphic to rest already (below), but I it was a fantastic starting point.


Also, check out my newest blog endeavor, http://whereirun.blogspot.com/. To give credit where credit is due, my boyfriend thought of the idea and pushed me to get it started. He got me interested in this other blog, http://ifoundyourcamera.blogspot.com/ which served as the inspiration for this new endeavor. I've seen some spectacular pictures as I've bounced around to your sites, so whereirun will be a collage of sorts of the favorite running places of all sorts of runners out there. I think this could be GREAT, but it's only as good as those who participate, so send your photos and captions to me at therunnerchick@gmail.com.

Review of Week#2 Training Schedule -(Feb 25-March 2):
Monday: DNR
Tuesday: PM: RUNNYC - 7miles - 2 X 20 sec striders
Wednesday: PM: 5miles
Thursday: PM: 6miles - Burrrrr.. it was COLD outside!
Friday: AM: YOGA, PM: Women's self defense/cardiokickbox class-55mins
followed by 2mile run

Saturday: 4.5 miles,
Sunday: 7.5miles, 4 X 20 sec striders
Total: 32 miles + YOGA + 55min kickboxing

Thoughts: My overall mileage increased a bit and I'm feeling stronger, but getting back on a regimented training routine has been difficult with work and life (..and weather). Something always seems like it gets in the way. I'm on the right path, but I need to continue to increase mileage over the next few weeks with not letting the little things (i.e. core work) and threshold training go.

Triathletes, as a runner pursuing triathlons, I'm having a hard time dealing with lower (running) mileage as I incorporate cycling and swimming into my routine. If there are any runners turned triatheltes out there, do you always track swimming, cycling, running mileage separately? Sounds like a silly question, but I was almost tempted last week to add my cycling mileage into my running mileage... just so I could see the numbers go up! ...But I resisted the urge! :)

5 comments:

XOXO said...

I like the new look!

As for how to tally miles, I have the same problem when I do spin class or (yikes!) I swim. Personally, I keep them separate.

I get bummed during weeks when I may crosstrain and my miles are not as high; however, my body likes me more when that is the case...

PS: I like the where I run site. I have some pics to send you from this nice little town called Narragansett.

Also, took some pictures on my run in Honduras behind the orphanage my brother is working at. There was a beautiful pineapple farm at the top of the mountain..

DFerg said...

Thanks for your feedback, XOXO! :)

I can't wait to see/post your pics! I think http://whereirun.blogspot.com/ is going to be great! I mean, who doesn't like to look at cool pictures?

scarinzic said...

Like the new look! Looking forward to checking out the new blog. Count me among the many who likes to look at cool pictures!

Anonymous said...

great new header. very suitable for a nyc runner at heart:-)

DFerg said...

Calling all bloggers, please send me your great running pics for http://whereirun.blogspot.com/

I know you have them!! :)

Thanks for the feedback on the new format. It was a pain in the butt to switch the html over but I'm happy with it now that it's done.