Sunday, March 23, 2008

Getting Back in the Groooooooove!

Finally, the days of having to live out of a bag are slowly coming to an end. I'll be back in NYC tomorrow and will happily remain there for a few weeks... with no travel plans in sight! PHEW!

Seriously though... WHAT THE F*@% HAPPENED TO TRAINING WEEK #5??

This week seemed to fly by and my control over my training seemed to continue to spiral downward. I'm determined to focus in this next week and really get back on track. I'm sad to say that my hamstring is still give me trouble, so I'll continue to be in the pool a few times a week. But I'll be happy just to get back on a regular routine and not be worried about fitting in a workout between running to catch my next train or bus. I've spent WAY too much time on a train, bus or in a car over the past week and a half. I'm SO over it!

So, here's the ugly truth....

Review of Week#5 Training -(March 17 - March 23):
Monday: OFF
Tuesday: AM: 5miles, core strengthening routine - hamstring- OUCH! -Flew back from Savannah
Wednesday: Crashed... instead of working out, went home to sleep!!
Thursday: AM: Pool Workout - Intervals - 8x 3min pick ups with 1:30min rest. (5mins warm up/cool down)
Friday: AM: 6miles in PA - Driving the rest of the afternoon.
Saturday: 5 miles, 4; X 20 sec striders - still in pain!
Sunday: Trying to get out for 40mins today
Totals: It's just too painful to write down! :)

Thoughts:
I need to regroup after my week and a half of traveling and get back into the swing of things. Also, I plan to get back on my regular routine of daily blog posts. I've been taking an unplanned break in that department too!

I am happy to report that as of 12am last night I was able to resume normal consumption of chocolate, alcohol and coffee. woohooo! :) I'm glad I did it, but giving up three things I love made lent feel epic. Next year, I think it will be way more beneficial to just sign up for volunteer work or go out of my way to help family or friends with things. I also think I'll be less cranky that way! Anyways, HAPPY EASTER! .. I'm off to go eat some dark chocolate!!

1 comments:

MBARRY said...

you will get back! i have no doubt or fear. i mean...really...you just disciplined yourself to live without caffeine and alcohol and chocolate for weeks!

i'd also like to applaud your specification of dark chocolate vs. any other imposters.

because, really, there is no other kind...