Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Last Night's Run - RUNNYC

Here's last night's run with RUNNYC (click the map link below). The figure 8 loop we ran was about 5.8 and with the addition of our warm up and cool down, a few of us added on an extra 1.8miles. The weather was perfect and the rain held out. I couldn't keep up with the front group, but I was pushing pretty hard for the 5.8 loop and kept it rolling in through the finish. I had an excellent run and was on quite a high afterwards. I even had some awesome company for my cool down and striders after the run. Thanks guys for A. making me cool down and B. being such troopers with the striders!

View Interactive Map on MapMyRun.com

So, I also signed up for the Nike+ challenge, so I'm excited to use the Nike+ for the first time and check it out. Everyone who signs up will be assigned to a specific team (teams will be selected on March 15th) who they will represent for the actually challenge which goes from March 17th through April 8th.

Tonight's Training: Five miles on the West Side Highway. I couldn't get myself out of bed this morning (shocking!!) to get it done in the AM... so if I can't rock it out at lunch, I'm heading out afterwork.

5 comments:

XOXO said...

I love cooldowns.

Striders are still new for me.

It took me a while to convince the boys to cool down but they seemed to have enjoyed the striders.

Erik said...

I'm still faster at striders than you.

PLe1 said...

Look, if you want striders I'll stride. I'm not against striding. Or prancing for that matter. Just keep that in mind.

DFerg said...

Prancing? You're all crazy! ..but in a great way!

Anonymous said...

amazing that you're running in the cold. i'm a bit chicken right now as i have a cold. once it gets a bit warmer i'll come to the nike run.