Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Myth Busters!


And just because I still thought a few of these were true, I'm posting this up for all of you!



Myth #1: Eating late at night will make you fat

Myth #2: Eating extra protein builds muscle

Myth #3: Cholesterol-free foods are heart-healthy

Myth #4: Eating fish is the best way to get heart-healthy omega-3 fats

Myth #5: Athletes don't get osteoporosis

Myth #6: If you're craving certain foods, it's because your body needs the nutrients they provide

Myth #7: Dark breads are more nutritious than white breads

Myth #8: Since herbs are natural, all herbal products are safe

Myth #9: Water is all I need to rehydrate after exercise

Myth #10: I should drink eight glasses of water a day

Read on, my dear blog friends. The full article has a few interesting tid bits.
And while you're at it, also check out Coach Cane's post on recovery nutrition.
Remember kids, knowledge is power! :) Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Simon said...

re #8 - the next time someone says that all herbs are healthy and safe, offer them a cup of hemlock tea.

DFerg said...

Yea, poor Socrates. By all means, stay away from the hemlock!

XOXO said...

Thank goodness eating late at night will not make you fat. I get home from the gym at 11 and am a little hungry then.....chowing down on cheese probably will make me fat (any time of day).


God. I love cheese.