Monday, March 3, 2008

Ultimate Street Fighter ...Or Something Like That!

You may have noticed I've thrown a "Cardio Kickbox" class in to the mix over the past few weeks. I signed up for this class, officially labeled as "Women's Self Defense", to learn a few new moves to protect my sometimes risk taking (a.k.a. dark alley running) self. To my pleasant surprise, the course instructor has insisted to "make us sweat" while we learn how to throw proper punches and kicks. I totally love it! Great music, an intense punching, kicking, squatting, ducking routine followed by some ab work. It's a great cross training workout that leaves me wonderfully sore all weekend long.

In the first class, after I jabbed full out into my instructors hand held punching target glove, she endearingly referred to be as "a beast". hmmm??? well, as I saw it I had two options, I could either embrace my new inner street fighter self or back off and wimp out. I quickly chose to step up and whale into the punching pad yet again. Life's just too short not to release your inner beast every now and then!

0 comments: