Saturday, March 15, 2008

Getting Down Irish Style in the Dirty-Dirty


Ahhh.. it's vacation time! As Christian Siriano on Project Runway said, I am in need of a little "Breaky-Break". So, I'm currently maxin' and relaxin' down in Savannah Georgia.

Yesterday, Savannah held their renown Saint Patrick's Day Parade and post parade festivities down on River Street and in City Market. Wow! What a fantastic time!! Savannah is beautiful and it's just flippin' spectacular to be wearing flip-flops for a few days. Yesterday was so much fun despite the fact that it felt like it was three days long. We walked over 8miles throughout the day (yes, I'm a dork and I tracked it.. ha!) And in order to go along with the normal tradition of the day, we just HAD to start drinking in the early afternoon... But hey, I can do that kind of stuff.. I'm on vacation!! It was complete MADNESS down on River Street last night. Prime opportunity for people watching and I got some fantastic pictures!

Training Update: I'm way off my training schedule for this week and sort of bumming about it, but I think staying off my hamstring for a few days was well worth it. I feel a bit better today so I'm heading out for about 5-6miles. I really irritated it after Tuesday's run and what was originally one day of backing off (sadly) turned into three. I'm a bit upset about the whole situation since I was making great progress, but I'll have to just get back on the horse again and see if I can charge forward. I also made an appt to get an MRI on my hamstring, which is LONG overdue.

I plan to take some pictures on my run and post to whereirun.blogspot.com. I'll post them when I get back next week. For now, I'm off for a run and then some more green beer. :)

HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun! Savannah is so pretty.

Is that you in the pic?

scarinzic said...

How did the run go? Hope your hamstring is feeling better. Oh, and I know I owe you some photos.. will try to fire em off today or tomorrow.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Have fun!!

Unknown said...

I love the fact that you're in the GA because of my snow run recommendation. Funny how that kind of stuff works. But you better hurry back and start reppin' team .2. You guys are going down anyway but you might as well be here to feel the fury.

DFerg said...

No, not me in the pic.. but I have a few of me that look similar! I'm still in the airport waiting for my flight back. Wow! What a great long weekend! I even picked up a little "hardware" while I was down here! hehe! :)

Looking forward to posting again soon.

DFerg said...

P.S.: Paul, your group is going DOWN as soon as I get back!!

XOXO said...

Hardware....hmmmm.........find a pot of gold in GA?