Thursday, May 1, 2008

BEAR IT ALL!

I don't know if anyone saw the Grey's Anatomy premiere last Thursday. I can't tell you how many times I gagged watching it! It was gross, but GREAT! Well, I might be the only one who still watches that show, but I couldn't help bringing it up since one of the main story lines has to do with a bear attack (or in the Grey's episode, the ugly aftermath). Coincidentally, the interview below by Runners World is with Johan Otter, marathon runner and bear attack survivor! However his is a story with a triumphant outcome. And darn straight you better believe that being a runner helped Johan survive!

I hope that no one reading this ever finds themselves in such an awful situation. But in our own little way, we're all survivors! Of course we are, we have to be, it's what keeps us coming back for more!

Keep on surviving my dear runner friends.. and stay safe! :)





3:30.. not too shabby. Great Job Johan!

3 comments:

Gotta Run..... said...

3:30 is amazing!!! So glad that is is alive to tell his story.

Thanks for passing it on.

Laura said...

I watched it, and even got inspired enough to save a quote from it.

"You were in a lion fight. Just because you didn't win doesn't mean you don't know how to roar."

That's comforting for me with my annual performance review on the horizon...

DFerg said...

ohhh.. thanks Laura! Yea, I do remember that line. Love it! The Chief is one of my favorite characters!

I'm glad the show is getting better!