Tuesday, May 27, 2008

From the Sticks Back to the Subway

What a fantastic weekend!!! The weather was actually as wonderful as expected and I'm diggin' the heat. It's about time!

This past weekend I was in Harrisonburg, VA or more specifically, Mcgaheysville, VA (yes, the middle of absolutely friggin' nowhere!). After I got over my "city girl" hangups about how anyone could possible (even want to) live in the middle of nowhere, it was actually a nice and relaxing weekend. I was also able to get a few great runs in, which was sweet!

On Sunday, we went on a 4-mile Hike in Shenandoah National Park We hiked from Skyline Drive at Milam Gap back to Rapidan Camp , which is actually a 4.1 round-trip hike on "Mill Prong Trail" (gosh!, Wikipedia makes me sounds so smart!). Let me further "WOW!" you with my knowledge... Rapidan Camp is apparently where Herbert Hoover would stay to "vacation" from Washington during his presidency (prior to the building of Camp David). Now, I know you are all just dying to rush down to Virginia to visit this historical landmark! In all seriousness, if you do ever find yourself in the area, I recommend checking it out. It was pretty cool.

How the weekend's training went down:
Saturday: Virgina is for LOVERS!! - OFF - Lot's of driving
Sunday: AM: VA - Trail Run (VA) - 35 mins PM: 4.1mile hike
Monday: VA to PA... - Trail Run (PA) - 30mins - Ridley Creek State Park (an absolute favorite)

Plan Ahead (May 27th - June 1st):
Tuesday: PA to NYC - PM: Swim
Wednesay: AM: Bike, PM: Yoga
Thursday: PM: Run
Friday: AM: Swim, PM: Yoga
Saturday: AM: Run/BIKE
Sunday: AM: Run/Bike

1 comments:

XOXO said...

Welcome back to the city! The pavement, bridges, and parks missed you.