Tuesday, May 20, 2008

So you think I can dance?

Boston, in all of it's Spring time glory, was a magnificent; blue skies and a crisp New England air that always spurs a feeling of nostalgia. I LOVE Boston!!.. and more specifically, running in Boston. However, what I don't like (or appreciate) is when my nagging hamstring pain disrupts my (close to spiritual) time spent running on the Charles river. As I barely made it through my four mile yesterday, I thought what could I have done to make my leg hurt this badly again?
.

Suddenly, a light bulb went off!!! Visions of what can only be described as an "unruly" Saturday night dance party came flooding into my memory. For some strange reason these memories were repressed during my agonizing Sunday recovery. And it wasn't until documentation (in the form of a Kodak picture gallery) of the night's debauchery surfaced that I really was able to put my finger on the source of this recent increase in pain.
.
Must I now do away with the other main joy in my life? Must I hang up my dancing shoes too? Oh,... I just won't do it! And anyone who knows me in the least will also know... that it's just NOT possible! As the amazing Patrick Swayze once said, "Nobody puts baby in a corner". Did I really just quote Patrick Swayze in reference to my uncontrollable addiction to dancing. Why yes, yes, I did!

And as I have said now a few times over, regardless of pain, this chick will continue to Run (and DANCE) on! :)

3 comments:

XOXO said...

Dance on woman. Dance on!


Whenever people say that you are a good dancer, my response is ALWAYS: "She's from Philly."

MBARRY said...

unruly....hmmm...

runnerchick, i think you have a responsbility to dance. when you have a talent like that, you MUST use it.

perhaps on your off days, you can do an upper body workout - aka arm wrestling. i'd like to see that on the schedule.

DFerg said...

LMAO!!! I love you guys!

MB, I'll try to work "arm wrestling" into my weekly routine... well, since I'm now so competitive in the sport on the weekend! Good call!