Friday, May 23, 2008

"Favorite Thing" Fridays - SUMMER TIME!

This weather just gets me so excited! And the forecast for this Memorial Day Weekend - Summer kick off is looking fan-friggin'-tastic!
Now, I have to admit, I'm not much of a fan of the heat when I'm running. Some people can run mid-day during the summer and be just fine. Me, not so much! But mornings and late evenings are just golden. LOVE IT!
.
Also, RUNNYC will probably kick up it's Nike Half Marathon Training Events soon which are always a highlight of my summer. The opportunity to meet up with running friends at various parts of the city... getting a quality run in and then eating, drinking and of course DANCING at the NIKE post run parties is definitely a highlight of any summer work week!
.
This weekend I'm off to Virginia (it's for lovers, you know? ha! lame!!). But I'm hoping to get in some good runs now that things are feeling a bit better. I had my sixth appointment with the chiropractor today and she beat me up pretty badly with the graston tools, but things feel like they're shifting around in there.. so I'm taking it (still) as a good sign. It's small steps for me, but I'm feeling so much better about things!
.
Here's how the past week's training shaped up:
Training Plan: - May 18-27
Sunday: AM: 3miles
Monday: PM: Run on the Charles: 35mins
Tuesday: PM: Traveling and tied up with work - DNR :(
Wednesday: PM: Bridge Runners Run- HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKLYN BRIDGE - 5miles
Thursday: PM: Swim - Workout:
WARM-UP: 300m, 200m (pull), 100m (kick);
Wkout: 3x200m, 3x100m, 4x50m (pull, finish), 100m
Total: 1800m
Friday: AM: Didn;t get to ride :( PM: Run - 30mins
.
STILL AHEAD:
Saturday: Virgina is for LOVERS!! Happy Memorial Day (Weekend) Run/Swim - TBD
Sunday: VA - Off (should have brought my bike)
Monday: VA - Run: 35mins
Tuesday: Back to NYC - RIDE MY BIKE!!!!
.
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY, EVERYONE! Have a fabulously fit and exciting weekend!
.
XOXO,
TheRunnerChick

0 comments: