Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Long.. Slow... Strokes

It was a beautiful morning in New York! So beautiful that I didn't even mind the fact that my alarm went off at the awful hour of 6am. I also didn't mind that I was only strapping on my trusty ASICS to head to the subway to come into Manhattan to then hit the pool (instead of the roads).

.
This morning I met a good friend of mine and head collegiate swim coach to get some much needed feedback on my strokes. In just a few helpful tips, I was going longer and stronger! It was great! And it suddenly seemed pretty ridiculous to me how I had been approaching swimming over the past few weeks. I was pretty much starting off like a bat of hell and dying in the water after 50 meters. My friend is going to write me up a few work outs which, as we all know, makes things a whole heck of a lot easier. Also, I'm going to start a "gettin' back into a training plan, training plan" because this sad story is coming to an end.. hamstring pain or not!
.
And speaking of my hamstring, today marked my third visit to the chiropractor where she did more Active Release Therapy and even broke out the Graston tools. OUCH!!!! Oh.. but it hurts so good! Sadly, I'm still in pain.. all day, every day. But for the five seconds after my chiropractic session, I feel great! I do think this is going to help, so I'm staying positive and sticking with it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Every type of work-out will keep up your running!

DFerg said...

Thanks for the support! :)

XOXO said...

Hey! I am rooting for you in a BIG way.

That said, I think you would CRUSH me in the pool right now. Go D Ferg!

MBARRY said...

i love active release.

i'm glad you're having some better days!! want to join me for yoga one day?

DFerg said...

yes, yoga! Let's make plans!

Unknown said...

Sounds like things are on the up. Nice to hear.