Tuesday, July 1, 2008

"You're not going to like what I have to say", says Orthopedist #2

Okay, I think it's safe to say that anything that starts out with the phrase, "you're not going like what I have to say" is pretty much the making of a crap day. I'm starting to not like what most people say. Does this make me bitter? Probably. ha! So what?

The Orthopedist behind door #2 said that he thinks there's a good chance that I'll have to deal with my hamstring pain forever. He told me that he wants me to see another orthopedist who specializes in hips problems and diagnosing Piriformis syndrome. Hmmm? Sound familiar? It's like deja vu or something!

.
On a positive note, he also had the same analysis of my MRI films (as Orthopedist #1), "No structural damage" and "Everything looks normal". Well, thank goodness for that, I suppose.

So, now we have to wait to see what the Orthopedist behind door3# has to say next Monday. Stay tuned. I bet the suspense is just killing you!
.
I swam my little heart out last night, just for therapy. And my hamstring/left leg felt awful today. Not just my hamstring, but my left calf locked up too. The build up of not running regularly is pretty much killing me. After the two weeks of being pretty much off (apart from those two short runs), I've been out there about 4x's a week and alternating cross training and pity parties on non-run days.
There's a few things I'm thinking right now, One, maybe I can become a gym junkie, like a total body building muscle head or an aerobics instructor who just doesn't kick her left leg. This is totally not the former me, but maybe I can start a new chapter in my life as "Buns of Steel Chick" or "Little Miss Muscle Head".
.
I mean, this chick's hot, right? No, seriously, do men actually like when chicks wear their bottoms wedged up in their who-ha like that? That just looks uncomfortable. But yes, her abs are undeniably kick ass.

And my second thought, actually, there is no second thought. I can't stop laughing over the fact that I just wrote "who-ha". Whatever, I'm not going to hit the gym for infinite hours on end. Let's get serious, I like being outside too much!
.
Ahhh... F- it! Pain or no pain, I'm running my little left leg off tonight. I just have to!
.
I'm off to see my chicas at RUNNYC. I need some Central Park/NYC lovin' somethin' fierce!

0 comments: