Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Super Legit Bogus (or maybe not?)

I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything about Nike's 1/2 Marathon Training- Special Event Runs. You know, those super cool summer EVENT runs that I brag to all my friends about. The events that I look forward to each summer since I've been in NYC (okay, to be fair that's only 2yrs) and that are the key social running events of my ENTIRE SUMMER!!Did that just make me sound super lame. oh, whatever...

Well, it seems as though RUNNYC has pulled the plug on the "Downtown/Midtown/Uptown" events they previous did in order to get runners geared up for the Nike 1/2 Marathon. And I know I'm not in super running shape and technically not supposed to be running on my injured leg, but for these events I would have most certainly made an exeption. They were just so much fun.

Anyway... gossip on the RUNNYC runner rumor mill is that they are doing a special blow out event for the Nike Human 10k race. The event will supposedly have all of the fun things that the former summer events had, but this time with some live music to kick it up a notch. Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see when/if we get the official event announcement.


Just remember, you didn't hear it from me. :)

Um... I suppose that's a little hard now that I went and posted it on the internet. whoopsie!

0 comments: