Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Be still my heart

I took a quick break from work today to venture over to the new REI in soho to inquire about returning a pair of winter boots which unfortunately made my feet very unhappy.  (Side note: REI has a fantastic return policy for members. I recommend signing up!) Anyway, I was trying on a few different pair of boots and from across the shoe wall a pair of gorgeous Brooks running shoes caught my eye.  I originally thought they were racing flats, but as I examined them they seemed to have way more stability than a racing flat and are marketed for training. Now, I've been out of the running gear loop for a while, but I'm well aware of the bare foot running craze and the tragic aftermath of everyone showing off their ten toes.  The shoes were the Brooks pureflow and they not only made my heart skip a beat but made my feet feel absolutely AMAZING (esp. considering #myworkshoesareunkind).

Brooks New PureProject - PureFlow
Here's how they are described on the Brooks site, "Experience a joy ride for the senses when lightweight design meets killer comfort in the PureFlow. For runners who love the feel of free feet but count on cushion to go the distance, this shoe strikes the perfect balance. Breathable on top, flexible underneath, and altogether awesome looking." I don't know enough about the pureflow to judge how they would hold up over the long haul, but yes, they do look awesome.  I like where Brooks is going with the whole PureProject.  I'm definitely looking into this more, and I would love to hear from anyone who is training in them, I would love to know what they think.

Run Happy, my friends!

0 comments: